Test failure

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Wed Oct 9 10:58:52 PDT 2013

On 09/10/13 16:25, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 03:01:02PM +0200, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Just curious, but at least in general there's nothing in our code
>> base to imply "OSX" means "without unit tests."
>
> I was speaking about the Writer filter tests. Those are Linux-only, e.g.:
>
> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sw/qa/extras/odfimport/odfimport.cxx#43
>
> IIRC the reason for that is --headless not really working on
> Windows/Mac, or something like that. I would be glad to remove those
> ifdefs, but if the cost is that some tinderbox owners shut their
> instance down because of this change, then better not.

IMHO this disabling of tests based on OS needs to end.

it would be much better to have a configure option
--disable-annoying-tests or whatever so that those who need it can use
it and those who don't can run the tests on any OS.

or perhaps move those tests to subsequentcheck where the other annoying
JUnitTests are.

or actually iirc the PythonTest somehow manages not to pop up any
windows on Windows, perhaps whatever secret it's using to achieve that
could be used elsewhere too.