[libreoffice-projects] minutes of ESC call ...

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Thu Oct 10 21:16:24 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 05:09:34PM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> * Bundled extensions (Stephan)

So, some extra thoughts / suggestions for that:

There are two categories of extensions:

1. "Internal" extensions. These are built from sources and include
   presentation-minimizer, nlpsolver, wiki-publisher and
   mysql-connector-ooo. I think it should be easy to add a
   GeneratedPackage into the Extension gbuild class that copies the
   extension root dir from workdir to the right place in instdir. (The
   .oxt file will still be produced and copied to solver, but I do not
   think this is worth any more effort. Much better way to spend one's
   time would be to convert these extensions to optional components.)

   I will look into this tomorrow.

2. "External" extensions. These are merely copied to solver from
   $TARBALL_LOCATION (in extras/Package_extensions.mk). It would be very
   easy to unpack them and copy them to instdir instead (i.e., what is
   needed is to create an UnpackedTarball and ExternalPackage for every
   one of them and change ARCHIVE for FILELIST in scp2). There is 14 of
   these extensions in extras, plus ct2n which is already repacked
   during build. If this is agreed upon, I suggest to move the makefiles
   to a new module, e.g., extensions, as extras is cluttered enough
   already.

   This would be very suitable for an easy hack.

D.