[libreoffice-projects] minutes of ESC call ...

bjoern bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Fri Oct 11 12:43:17 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 11:21:13AM +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> And seeing that nlpsolver and wiki-publisher are effectively enabled
> in all distro-configs/*.conf anyway, it would make sense to
> de-extension-alise them, too (and have them enabled by default).  I

De-extensionization likely also means it cant be packaged as a separate package
anymore. In the long run it likely makes sense to merge often used features in
LibreOffice if the implementation isnt huge. Wiki-publisher is somewhat
cringe-inducing with 3.5MB size increase in the default install for a likely
rarely used feature.

OTOH, the hope is that de-extensionization might actually allow closer
integration to reduce this footprint(*).

Best,

Bjoern

(*) Yes, I took my hopium pills today ...