.desktop files

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbf.faure at sud-ouest.org
Mon Oct 14 07:31:16 CEST 2013

Hi,

I would like to better understand how .desktop files work. They are in
.../sysui/desktop/menus.
If I read for example writer.desktop I see that the second exec command
(at the end of the file) use the hard coded name libreoffice when the
first one use ${UNIXBASISROOTNAME}. Is it intentional ? Indeed, even
after installation of LO (upstream, build at home) I do not have any
libreoffice command on my system (Ubuntu 13.04).

Best regards.
JBF