My C++ extension does not work with LO4 anymore

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Oct 31 11:17:14 CET 2013

On 10/31/2013 10:40 AM, Christophe Devalland wrote:
> The problem occurs on LO4 windows (installation or update of my
> extension with extension manager) :
>
> Runtime Error !
> c:\Program Files\LibreOffice 4\URE\bin\uno.exe
> R6034
> An application has made an attenpt to load the C runtime library
> incorrectly.
>
> My extension for windows is compiled on MSVC2008. LO is compiled with
> MSVC 2010, isn't it ? I think that's the problem because it's OK with
> LO3 and Apache OpenOffice 4.
> How to fix that without recompiling my extension ?
> Here is my extension : http://cdeval.free.fr/spip.php?article132
> (translations available on the top right)

That's a consequence of
<http://www.libreoffice.org/download/4-0-new-features-and-fixes/#C.2B.2B_UNO_language_binding_and_URE_libraries>
"Base-line Windows / C++ compiler upgraded to Visual Studio 2010 [...]
runtime libraries for Visual Studio 2008 (msvcr90.dll) are no longer
bundled."

Short of recompiling your extension against the LO 4 baseline, another
option might be to tell users of your extension to first download and
install the old MS runtime libraries on their system (which are
available from MS, IIUC).

Stephan