Bugous bug fix

Zolnai Tamás zolnaitamas2000 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 08:51:20 PDT 2013

Hi,

> How do we visually see the problems you describe ? If I put some dashed
> borders on some cells in calc and zoom in and out it doesn't seem to
> look particularly wrong for me.

I made some screen shot, which shows dashed border changing with zoom
level. It's important that the same code is used by Writer so it has the
same issue. As the pictures shows when the text scale is very small in
Writer then the bordered text has only few snippets (small.png) while if
the scale is large then there are more snippets and they are smaller
compered to the text content (big.png). The same is true in Calc
(small1.png, big1.png).

Can you submit a patch that reverts the parts that you believe are
> problematic and keeps the part you think might be useful for the
> original problem ?

Well, it's not so easy as I thought at first. I tested a bit and have three
cases:
1. By now
    Both Writer and Calc has the mentioned zooming issue.
2. Call ApplyLineDashing without scale (but the used unit is MAP_PIXEL)
    Calc will work similar.
    Writer will loose the zooming issue but the snippets will be too small,
because of the pixel pattern of ApplyLineDashing.
3. (2) + change the unit back to MAP_100TH_MM.
    Calc will draw solid line (the original bug comes back which were
solved by the commit). It seems it is because the MAP_100TH_MM pattern has
too big values.
    Writer will loose the zooming issue but the snippets will be too big,
because of the MAP_100TH_MM pattern of ApplyLineDashing (e.g. dotted line
will drawn as a dashed one), but it's nearer to the right result as in case
of unit MAP_PIXEL.

So I see two problems by now.
- Writer and Calc use different unit to specify border lines, but it isn't
handled well.
- Calc has the zooming issue independent from the mentioned commit, which
extend this problem to Writer too.

Best regards,
Tamás