[ANN] --disable-orcus

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Sep 20 00:07:19 PDT 2013

On 09/19/2013 05:23 PM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 09/19/2013 04:42 AM, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
>> You can now set
>>
>> --disable-orcus
>>
>> at configure script to disable building the orcus library.  In case you
>> have difficulty building liborcus and can't find any solution at all,
>> you now have a solution.
>>
>> Orcus is now disabled by default on Cygwin, OS X, and iOS and Android
>> build.  Those who need functionality provided by orcus can always
>> re-enable it by setting --enable-orcus to the configure script.
>
> But is it intentional that with
> <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=02346aa4663055e1adf7c52ede89871a493f4513>
> "Add the configure bits to support --disable-orcus"'s
>
>> AC_MSG_CHECKING([whether to enable orcus])
>> if test $_os != Darwin -a $_os != Android -a $_os != iOS -a \( -z
>> "$enable_orcus" -o "$enable_orcus" != no \); then
>
> an explicit --enable-orcus on e.g. Mac OS X is now silently ignored
> completely?

...and sorry for being a pest, but even after
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=fed96abcb593925ab4fd39e3938632a54b37ee8b>
"No need to by default avoid liborcus for Android, iOS and OS X" Windows
builds will now default to --disable-orcus where in the past they
included that functionality, so unless our release builders explicitly
--enable-orcus (and I do not find that in distro-configs/) we will have
a regression in the TDF Windows LO 4.2 installation sets, right?

Stephan