4.1.1 Binary size

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Thu Sep 19 08:21:10 PDT 2013

On 19/09/13 12:43, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Patches most welcome; though of course - we'd need to check that
> existing documents don't hard-code links to these paths [ it seems
> likely sadly ] into the gallery.

Not knowing the packaging system (and of course distros do their own
thing), but is it possible to flag certain areas - artwork being an
obvious example - as "do not remove when upgrading"?

That's annoyed me on many an occasion with some programs, where you had
all these useful little "extras" like clip-art, and then an upgrade
removed the old lot and replaced it with something new and different.

It'd be nice to be able to include a bunch of useful bits with each
version and change them. Then people who've got them would still have
them but there'd be a bit of the "what wonderful new things will turn up
THIS time?". And if the location is documented then people could copy
and share them if they so desire.

Cheers,
Wol