'test-bugzilla-files.py' issues

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 15 11:37:42 PDT 2014

Hey,

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 7:20 PM, John Smith <lbalbalba at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 6:53 PM, Markus Mohrhard
> <markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I already mentioned on IRC that this means it just did not find any test
> > files. The connection is working otherwise the NoConnectException would
> be
> > repeated. You need to make sure that you point to the correct directory
> and
> > otherwise debug why the script is not finding the files in your case. It
> > works for me so I can't tell you what is wrong in your setup.
> >

> Hi,
>
> I think I got it. When I remove the comments before 'print(files)' and
> 'print( dirs )', I only see the subdirs below
> /usr/local/src/libreofficedocs/, but not the files located in those
> subdirs. When I copy a file directly in libreofficedocs, the script
> does find it. Looks like test-bugzilla-files.py doesnt descend into
> the subdirectory's. Since
> 'dev-tools/test-bugzilla-files/test-bugzilla-files.py' created this
> directory structure, I assumed that test-bugzilla-files.py would be
> able to parse that.
>
> I know next time nothing about python, but would it be possible and
> reasonably easy/quick to make test-bugzilla-files.py look in all
> subdirectory's you point it at too ?

It is a feature that it does not look in sub directories. That allows me
some freedom in organizing documents and moving broken documents around
without too much work. So I would be a bit reluctant to change that
behavior as it will break the script on the server. You can just use a
script similar to the one that I posted for you that iterates over all
directories and inspects each one.

Regards,
Markus