opinion on SimpleProgramDebugger as a LibO debug tool

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 23:39:19 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 05:08:29PM +0200, Tommy <barta at quipo.it> wrote:
> I stumbled upon this freeware application and I wonder if it may
> help doing backtraces or profiling under Window.
>
> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/simple_program_debugger.html
>
> unfortunately I have no experience to judge if the output of this
> software may be useful or not for QA and developers.
>
> so, please, give it a try and report if useful or useless.

From a developer's point of view, we already require Visual Studio on
Windows for building, and it has a debugger built in already. I
understand if -- for QA purposes, when you don't set up a build
environment -- other debuggers are useful, but for a developer, the VS
debugger is already there, so there is little point in experimenting
with other debuggers. Unless the VS debugger doesn't fulfill our
requirements (but it does mine).

Miklos