[Libreoffice-commits] core.git: 7 commits - chart2/source extensions/source hwpfilter/source l10ntools/source sal/osl unoidl/source

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 13:48:25 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 11:59:42AM +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> Please refrain from such cosmetic changes in the future.  IIRC, the
>> unoidl module (being mostly written by a single person, me)
>> more-or-less consistently used a single formatting style until now.
>> I see no good reason to change that to another formatting style.
>
> Before this explodes into a bikeshed, I tentatively agree with Stephan here,
> despite me writing:
>
>  https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Writer/Code_Conventions
>
> back in the days. Note that document wasnt build on what I assumed to be the
> "right style"(*), but the most commonly used style in an attempt to bring more
> consistency to the code base.
>
> I dont think drive-by reformatting to be a good way to solve this though

Well damned if you do, damned it you don't.
If I do that _with_ other modifications, people complain... if I do
that stand-alone separated from other modifications people complain
So should I do the reformatting to be able to read the code and make
sure the other modification(s) make sens.. and then undo the
formatting ?
Or should I just ignore anything that has to do with that dialect ?
The issue is not 'written by one person', but read by many.

(and yes in that partiular case caolan beat me to it, although with a
different patch I would have done... so I dropped mine in the end)

Norbert