Discussion of Bug 37759 - Pixel around Objects like ellipse

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Wed Aug 20 01:06:46 PDT 2014

Regina Henschel wrote:
> I think, the code that adds these points is
>
>         if( !bLineGeometryNeededOnly )
>    1906         {
>    1907             // hack aNewB2DPolyPolygon to fill logic rect - this is
>    1908             // needed to produce gradient fills that look like mso
>    1909             aNewB2DPolygon.clear();
>    1910             aNewB2DPolygon.append(basegfx::B2DPoint(0,0));
>    1911             aNewB2DPolygon.setClosed(true);
>    1912             aNewB2DPolyPolygon.append(aNewB2DPolygon);
>    1913
>    1914             aNewB2DPolygon.clear();
>    1915
> aNewB2DPolygon.append(basegfx::B2DPoint(aLogicRect.GetWidth(),
>    1916 aLogicRect.GetHeight()));
>    1917             aNewB2DPolygon.setClosed(true);
>    1918             aNewB2DPolyPolygon.append(aNewB2DPolygon);
>    1919         }
>
> in core/svx/source/customshapes/EnhancedCustomShape2d.cxx

Yep, and see the comment why this is there. It should _in theory_ be
trivial to filter out those empty polygons during pdf export, just
that (last time I tried), layers above miraculously split things up in
a funny way already.

First port of call for that these days would be the vcl metafile
processor in drawinglayer I guess.

P.S.: please Cc me for prompt answers. Too many lists. ;)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten