Glade UI Dialogs and UNO extensions

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Tue Jan 7 13:32:41 PST 2014

Hi Olivier,

On Tue, 2014-01-07 at 17:37 -0200, Olivier Hallot wrote:
> > On 01/07/2014 06:05 PM, Olivier Hallot wrote:
> >> I have a demand to tweak some dialogs with better layout or widgets
> >> positions. In order to avoid disruption with the core development, I
> >> would like to know if these .ui dialogs can be packed into UNO
> >> extensions.
> >
> > No, there is no support for .ui files in .oxt extensions.

	So - just to confirm; it's not that you want to add new dialogs, but
you want to clobber / override existing application .ui dialogs with
changes / tweaks using an extension ? :-)

	Sounds like an interesting idea; but - extremely dangerous code-wise;
liable to introduce SEGV's all over the place if widgets are not there I
think.

> OK, so this is a fact today. Is it doable or are we going to die trying?
> GSoC 2014? (I know I can get what I want by changing the ui file at
> installation time)

	It's not 100% clear what you'd like - is it that you want to use the
new .ui file stuff inside an extension [ if so, that's rather do-able I
think ]. If it is overriding / tweaking existing files it's more
problematic.

	HTH,

		Michael.

--