Efficient UNO component linkage & GC ...

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Jan 8 00:38:55 PST 2014

On 01/08/2014 09:21 AM, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-01-06 at 16:26 +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>>>
>>> Yep, but maybe we don't need special easy hack for this.
>>> So far, I was able to just remove the variables as unused.
>>> I think it's easy to do as part of creating constructor function for
>>> implementation.
>>
>> Not sure what you mean here with "remove the variables as unused."
>
> Sorry, what I meant, is that they can be also "ServiceManager-based" -
> if the ServiceManager is not really used.
> Like in
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=5bf7b06c937ef08478831bc42b344dc96986a881
> I've simply removed constructor parameter for EnhancedCustomShapeEngine
> So, I think we don't need that easy hack and can do it in one commit
> with converting to constructor function together.

Ah, OK.  Sure, sometimes conversion from ServiceManager- to
ComponentContext-based is rather trivial.

(My remark that "reaching this state is effectively an easy hack" was
not meant to imply that we must necessarily file an EasyHack issue for
it, it was more a classification of the task at hand.)

Stephan