Advice needed : making options dialog slightly wider

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Jan 8 08:59:29 PST 2014

On Sat, 2014-01-04 at 13:05 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
> Hi Caolan, all,
>
> Is there a disadvantage to make the options dialog slightly wider ?
> Doing that will allow French localized strings (and probably the German
> ones) to find enough room. For example in Tools > Options > LibreOffice
> Calc > View

Well, probably not a problem to make it wider. But I'd prefer to first
know first what font and size is your desktop's interface font ? so I
can have a look at the problem because (needless to say) it works fine
here with those translations and the .uis can be tweaked to specific
what elements are to shrink when there isn't enough space.

The options dialog is a special case because it has so many tabs (and
its impossible to convert all the tabs in one go anyway) that it has a
fixed size, while all the other ones have a flexible size.

C.