Haiku port

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 11:23:12 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 7:58 PM, Kacper Kasper <kacperkasper at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Provided that it is done properly, not overly invasive, and there is
>> manpower to cater to the port(*), I'd say chances are good we would
>> accept the patches.
>> But, I strongly urge you to not wait 'when it is finished'.
>> A big code dump is very unlikely to be reviewed favorably... I
>> strongly encourage to get involved early with this dev community, and
>> seek review of your work early to insure that you are on a track that
>> will allow a smooth upstreaming.
>
> Will a github fork suffice?
No,
here:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/

> I don't want to send my patches upstream
> because they are very hacky at the moment and wouldn't get accepted
> anyway.

Then they presumably won't be accepted as a massive code drop at then
end either right ?
The soonner you get them in shape, learning the quirck specific to
this project, the easier it will be to upstream :-)
(yes I read Haiku's code formatting convention :-) please do _not_
follow them for LO patches :-) )

For example you prolly will need some patch/new files in
solenv/gbuild/platform/*
these would likely not be too controversial as they are platform
specific files anyway.

>> (*) Libreoffice is a fairly active and large project. any port will
>> need some sustained attention to keep up.
>
> I am aware of that. I am willing to maintain it.

Good, As long there are people willing to do the work, we tend to try
accommodate things :-)

Norbert