How to solve the make error in building the libreoffice source on Windows?

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 16 07:57:32 PDT 2014

Hi Zhen, *,

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Zhen Anddavid <zhenanddavid at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to build the LibreOffice 4.3.0.0 source on Windows 7 and Visual
> Studio 2012.
> But while building, I encountered the error.
> The error follows as below.
>
> [build PAT] openssl
> assertion "ap <= end" failed: file "runbuiltin.c", line 96, function:
> split_shell_args

Your pathnames are too long. make does some variable expansion of the
buildpaths that then exceed the initial limit and that then causes
failures.

I'm not sure whether native win-make has more relaxed path limits -
but very likely not by a big margin.

So you need to use shorter paths.

I use /home/buildslave/source/libo-core for the sources and
/home/buildslave/tb for the build

ciao
Christian