Sort and copy results

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Fri Jun 6 04:42:45 PDT 2014

On 06/06/14 12:27, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> Good.  Now I have someone real I can ask.
>
> Can I ask in what use case this feature is used?  Why does your use case
> require that copying and sorting have to be done in one step, rather
> than in two separate steps?

Why can't LibreOffice treat it as two separate steps, INCLUDING for
things like undo? Treat the copy as one operation, then the sort as a
second operation, and if you need to undo it then it's two <ctrl-z>, not
one?

That's one of my moans (maybe it's been fixed) about LO spellcheck! It's
too long ago to remember the details, and it was in a cell (can't
remember whether it was a Writer table or Calc). Anyways, I filled the
cell and tabbed away. The AutoCorrupt kicked in. And <ctrl-z> reversed
the ENTIRE operation, deleting the text I'd typed! I just *could* *not*
work out how to get LO to accept what I'd typed without insisting on
corrupting it.

So it makes a lot of sense, in many circumstances, for a user's input to
be treated as multiple steps requiring multiple undos, even when it's
just one user action that triggers it.

Cheers,
Wol