adding raises (SQLException) to two methods of published XDatabaseMetaData ?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Jun 16 00:59:30 PDT 2014

On 06/13/2014 03:09 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> So, one question is, what is the LibreOffice "coding standard" for
> "internal inconsistency"? Do we have a specific exception for that, do
> we rather abort() (in debug mode) and return "no value / empty value /
> 0" to the caller?

 From what you describe, it sounds like:

* 706317 throws only if the JRE installation is broken.  I'd use some
sort of UNO runtime exception for that, like css.uno.DeplyomentException.

* 706361 throws only in case of a LO programming error.  I'd use (in
order from most to least preferred) (a) assert or std::abort (the latter
in case the failing code would need to produce a non-void result; blurry
here whether or not to consider the _rValue reference as needing to be
assigned a value); (b) throw a std::logic_error (esp. now that we added
std::exception to all the UNO functions' dynamic exception
specifications); or (c) throw some UNO runtime exception.

Stephan