Access2Base - New release

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Tue Jun 17 01:05:16 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 04:40:31PM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 03:03:48PM +0200, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 2:16 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel at mamane.lu> wrote:
>
> >> I'm sorry we are losing your input on the design of the long-term
> >> solution in master (as opposed to the stop-gap that went in).
>
> > I think we already settled on this one?  i.e. make it a bundled
> > extension (as it should have been in the first place).
>
> There were worries around the issues that pushed us to move several
> bundled extensions to core, so the plan is:
>
> 1) Find back what these issues were.
>
> 2) Understand if they apply to Access2Base (or e.g. only native code)
>
> 3) Then we can decide to make it a bundled extension

IMHO there are just two alternatives: Either the code is "ours", in
which case it should be an optional component and should only be updated
together with libreoffice. Or it is external, in which case the sources
should not be duplicated in our repo, but the project should be treated
as another one of the dozen extensions we allow to bundle. That means,
download the .oxt during build, unpack it, put it to instdir and be done
with it. (This is directly supported by gbuild, using
gb_ExtensionPackageSet).

D.