Profiling data ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Wed Jun 18 03:35:44 PDT 2014

Hi guys,

	Coming up to release time, I thought it'd be worth sharing Matus' nice
performance regression data as a pretty picture or two (attached).

	Having the data is really great; it let me (at least) see the horrible
docx import regression with fdo#38513 - discover it was down to
performance fragility not some obviously wrong thing we could revert,
and to fix it. It'd be great to have a review of that for -4-3:

	https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/9818/

	Beyond that it seems that we're in a reasonably good place for
performance in 4.3 (though this really measures master), the chart below
the top one shows just first and second start - it seems we transiently
gained a 5% first-start win, and then lost it again =) while 2nd start
got 5% slower over the measured time - mostly trickling away - perhaps
worth someone digging into the trace there for sillies.

	HTH,

		Michael.

--
 michael.meeks at collabora.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot