Icons/themes selection broken on 4.3.0.1

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Mon Jun 30 01:38:44 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 12:13:50PM +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:
> We received the same error description on the German
> ask.libreoffice. http://ask.libreoffice.org/de/question/36123/icons-have-changed-after-update-cannot-be-changed-back/
> The question is in English, my answer in German. I think, the
> behavior is a bug, but I've got no version 4.3 to test it on
> Windows. Version 4.4 on Windows does not show that behavior.

Did you try to remove images_*.zip from your tree? Then it should exibit
the bug (and only start working again when you have images_tango.zip).

I bet you tried in 4.4 with just keeping all images_*? And you are
sure you got galaxy as icons and not tango? (Have a 4.4 build but didn't
try there yet..)

That upstream install/"packages" all keep them in one package/install
is one thing, some packages have them in various packages[1] so one doesn't
need to install all of them when you don't need them (especially for
hicrontrast, sifr). No idea whether/how OpenSUSE does that, but..,

> It > might be a problem on OpenSuse.

That is a too early conclusion when you even wer not able to test it
yourself in a senario where this problem actually exists..

At least Debian is also affected.

Regards,

Rene

[1]