Please test KDE4 with Gerrit patches for LO 4.2 - no updates until June.

Jan-Marek Glogowski glogow at fbihome.de
Fri Mar 21 18:41:06 PDT 2014

Hi everybody,

I just ported my latest KDE4 patches from master for 4.2 review. This
should bring the KDE4 VCL backend to the same base as master.

AFAIK current 4.2 KDE4 is broken and I didn't have any time to really
test the patches on 4.2 and actually too few time for master tests too.

And I'll be on holiday for the next nine weeks (until June) with just
sporadic Internet and definitly no time and no machine to do any LO KDE4
bugfixing.

So I hope someone is interested in the KDE4 stuff can actually test the
patches on LO 4.2.

The patchset includes a patch to disable native KDE4 dialogs, if the VCL
detects a Qt4 bug (https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,80528)

Kubuntu currently has a patched Qt4 in proposed. People without the Qt4
patch won't get native file pickers, but as originally suggested in IRC
it's implemented as a runtime check in the VCL backend and as a
configure warning. Patching your Qt4 should bring them back without
recompiling LO.

Gerrit patches, which are also in private/jmux/libreoffice-4-2+kde4:
   https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/8702
   https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/8703
   https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/8704
   https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/8705