some recent changes in build system / scp2

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Nov 11 02:22:57 PST 2014

On 11.11.2014 09:38, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 11/10/2014 09:19 PM, Michael Stahl wrote:
>> there is a new "bin/run" convenience script to run the programs out of
>> workdir/LinkTarget/Executable; at the time when i did the change
>> "bin/run vcldemo" would execute successfully on Linux - please add
>> support for other platforms to the script when you need it.
>
> If we settle on a fixed location of instdir/ relative to workdir/, we
> can get rid of the need to fiddle with LD_LIBRARY_PATH (Linux etc.)
> resp. DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH (Mac) in bin/run (and in gb_Helper_set_ld_path).

yes... but we can't do so for Windows (which requires setting PATH) so
this will mean that your average Linux developer will add something that
doesn't work on Windows and then Windows developers will try it and get
frustrated that it doesn't work [see also: the other reply to the parent
mail].

also, you'll still need to set the URE_BOOTSTRAP variable.