[ANN] new internal jpeg needs nasm

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at collabora.com
Mon Nov 17 06:03:53 PST 2014

On Fri, 2014-11-14 at 15:47 +0100, Matúš Kukan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on replacing internal jpeg with jpeg-turbo.
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/12402/
>
> Once it hits master, you will need to get nasm tool to build it.
> http://www.nasm.us/
> Info about how to install it, is in our configure.
>
> I've avoided cmake by using our great gcc-wrappers. Thanks for that!
>
> It should be ready now, I've just not tested it on OS X.

I've pushed it. By default it's enabled only on Windows.
Please, Windows tinderbox owners, update according to
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Windows_Build_Dependencies#Install_NASM
'lode' should install it too now.

Old jpeg library is used otherwise.
Probably it's worth someone to have a look on OS X and fix the build and
enable by default too.

Thanks,

Matus