ScOpenclTest::testFinacialIRRFormula test error

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at collabora.com
Fri Sep 19 16:02:18 PDT 2014

On Fri, 2014-09-19 at 10:51 +0200, Jakub Kościelak wrote:
> Hi all,
> first sorry for my english.
>
>      When I tried to build LO 4.3.2.1 with --enable-dbgutil, error
> occurs in test:
>
> sc/qa/unit/opencl-test.cxx(1269) : error : Assertion
> Test name: ScOpenclTest::testFinacialIRRFormula
> double equality assertion failed
> - Expected: 29.3418442391175
> - Actual  : 523
> - Delta   : 0.00293418442391175
>
> More output in attachment.
>
> Software: Windows 8.1, MSVS 2012 PRO, cygwin 32bit.
>

> I checked 4.2.6.3 and 4.3.2.2 and there is the same problem.
>
> Is this a bug in test case or in Calc ?

Likely an issue with your GPU and/or driver for your GPU since that test
computes formula results using your GPU.

Markus was at one point trying to gather all problematic GPU's to add to
our black list, and it's possible that your hardware needs to be on that
list.  He wrote a detector program you can run to get the detailed
information of your GPU...

I don't remember where to get that program though....  I need to dig up
the archive a bit to find out.

> When I comment this test,
> all other tests passed and the build is done.

Use this as a workaround for now.  Markus is on vacation until
mid-October.

> I build with dbgutil, because with this feature more tests are running,
> am I right ?

It's unlikely that that would affect the result of that OpenCL test, but
maybe it does.  I don't know.

> Maybe I can run extended tests without this switch,
> because I don't need all this debug stuff ?

That's a possibility.  The vast majority of us recommend using dbgutil
turned on, but that also adds extra baggage that you may or may not need
(plus extra build time and disk space).  So, if you are interested in
doing just casual coding, then using a non-dbgutil build may be an
option.

Kohei