gerrit buildbot is having problem with windows tb

David Ostrovsky d.ostrovsky at gmx.de
Sun Sep 21 02:20:00 PDT 2014

On Sun, 2014-09-21 at 00:26 -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> I've disabled the gerrit buildbot. It seems there is a problem with
> starting Windows build
> but since the problem occured with mutiple tb at the same time, it
> must be more that just one tb acting up.
> in the mean time that problem caused spamming of the irc and the logs
> due to the same build being started over and over...
>

>From looking in the logs [1] of affected change [2] i cannot see any
misbehavior from builbdbt side. It looks like, TB39 cannot fetch the
change for some reasons and reports status "canceled" back, in which
case buildbot re-initialize the task in the queue, and the same TB39
(probably in wedged state?) 60 sec later picks the task again and we
have a loop. Mac TB21 seems to not have any problems. Linux TB is
missing? I think we need two (at least) TBs for each platform for gerrit
buildbot duties so that we can disable one if it starts to loop. Does it
makes sense?

On Sun, 2014-09-21 at 07:43 +0200, Noel Grandin wrote:
Gerrit was upgraded in the last few days, so perhaps that has
> something to do with it.

Last gerrit update was 2.8.6.1 and this was some months ago IIRC.

[1] http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/buildbot/2547/
[2] https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/11560