c++ app samples that communicates with libreoffice, to work with a CALC doc.

nicholas ferguson nicholasferguson at wingarch.com
Mon Sep 29 11:11:11 PDT 2014

On 09/29/2014 03:08 PM, nicholas ferguson wrote:
> then it builds but it crashes at  ( it also crashes there...even if I keep
> SAL_IMPLEMENT_MAIN_WITH_ARGS(argc,argv)
> Line 75:  Reference< XDesktop2> xComponentLoader =
Desktop::create(xContext);

stephen wrote:
Did you set the UNO_PATH environment variable, as described at
<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/ProUNO/C%2B%2B/Tran
sparent_Use_of_Office_UNO_Components>?
  (Though my understanding is that this should not be necessary with a
properly installed LO on Windows, as the Simple Bootstrap mechanism
would locate LO via registry entries written by the LO installation
procedure.)

[nicholas ferguson]
My review is that this example SimpleBootstrap_cpp originated with
OpenOffice. and its cfgwin.js code says it was designed to work with Visual
Studio 2008.  released in November of 2007.  That is 7 years AGO??????  in 7
years, no one in the LibreOffice community submitted better examples?
Updated the examples?
Is there a NEWER example?