Jack license statement

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Wed Aug 12 15:05:46 PDT 2015

On 12/08/15 07:06, Jack wrote:
> All of my past and future contributions to LibreOffice may be licensed
> under any license, but not under the GPL or any similar copyleft
> license. The right to license my contributions under the LGPLv3+ is
> hereby also granted.
>
> /jack

This is a legal nonsense, unfortunately :-(

I believe the LGPL explicitly allows relicencing under the GPL. As such,
the requirement to not licence under the GPL is a "further restriction",
which renders the (L)GPL invalid.

What is the objection to GPL-style copyleft?

And if you're not happy with the project's standard licencing, should
you be contributing? (I don't mean to put you off, but this almost
certainly means we can't accept your contributions ...)

Cheers,
Wol