virus detection with GData

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 28 13:06:26 PST 2015

Hey,

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 9:57 PM, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I get a virus detection from scanner GData on the files
> crash-1.tiff and hang-7.tiff in filter\qa\cppunit\data\tiff\fail, both
> Exploit.CVE-2015-5097-Gen
>
> and a suspected virus on the file hang-3.wmf in
> vcl\qa\cppunit\graphicfilter\data\wmf\fail\ with Exploit.Win32.MS04-032.Gen

you can safely ignore these reports. Our */qa directories contain a number
of files that are detected by various virus scanners. The files are there
to prevent regressions with security issues.

If you want to know why they were added you can easily have a look with
something like git log -- filter/qa/cppunit/data/tiff/fail/hang-7.tiff
which would show you that Caolan has added that file to check for a problem
with some types of files. I think most of the new crash* and hang* files
have been added as a result of the AFL testing.

Regards,
Markus