Jenkins verification of gerrit patches

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 08:20:04 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 10:09 AM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 01/14/2015 03:36 PM, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 8:25 AM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com>
>> wrote:

>>> at least --enable-werror should hopefully be uncontroversial to add?
>>

>> if is is, then why is it not the default ?
>

> Purportedly for the benefit of both casual and distro builders, who might
> run into errors with exotic compilers and/or building against system
> alternatives of certain of our external modules where we apply patches to
> mitigate warnings.

Ok so here is what I'll do:

I'll make sure that at least my local mac actually build with --enable-werror

I'll push a patch to configure.ac so that _if_ LODE_HOME is defined we
default to --enable-werror, i'll push it via gerrit so that I get a
full scale test with all jenkins slaves...
if that works, I'll merge it and from that point on any gerrit patch
based on soemthing aat or after that commit will be enable-werror (and
so will be the 2, for now, jenkins incremental tb)

Norbert