OS X build signature

V Stuart Foote VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu
Thu Jan 29 21:20:01 PST 2015

Jonathan Aquilina wrote
> There is a way around that all one has to do to open libreoffice is go to
> system preferences and go to securty and you can do one of two things
>
> 1) change gatekeeper settings
> 2) open libreoffice. After that it doesnt prompt you again.

Of course-- there are work arounds. But, why are the Apple signatures of our
builds not passing OS X Gatekeeper muster and allowing a seamless
installation.

Why instead must users relax Gatekeeper to globally accept untrusted
packages--not acceptable,  or preferably must perform a one-time by-pass to
allow LibreOffice to install/configure to completion. It should not be
needed if we have done our signature and Apple registration correctly.

Additionally, we now need to explain the issue, and work around(s),  to OS X
users in the release notes.