Popup dialogs

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Mar 31 04:17:03 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 02:07:57PM +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> Oh, but I can hear the REGRESSION screams already. "My company RELIES on us
> getting a VERY NOTICEABLE popup box that HAS to be actioned upon separately
> as soon as <whatever> is done."

The last sentence of your previous mail is very relevant in context of bug
comments starting with "My company ...". Beyond that: Yes, it is unfortunate to
have devs in the no mans land between two factions of a shouting match. A UX
team can hopefully make reasonable and consistent decisions despite of that --
but will need to be aware that the shouting matches will likely always be a big
part of that work.

Best,

Bjoern