QtCreator for LibreOffice - first integration

Michel Renon michel.renon at free.fr
Mon May 25 04:04:04 PDT 2015

Hi,

I worked on using QtCreator IDE for LibreOffice :
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/15804

Thanks to Arnaud who finalized the gerrit validation.

Here is an album of screenshots (similar to Bjoern's video with KDevelop) :
http://imgur.com/0z53TxF,qhImiuH,PhZlDZv,stXNCr7,2z03uah,NZYfoIi,mdF4xlT,WX8zNl2

1 : Opening QtCreator with 'sw' project file
2 : In the locator (ctrl+k), you can search classes
3 : After choosing "SwInsertBookmarDlg" in locator
4 : There are others way to view code, here is the Class View
(but I still don't know how to open the ClassView on a specific class
from the source code panel)
5 : Here are the predefined build settings
6 : To debug, just add a breakpoint in the code
7 : Then start the debugger (the green triangle with a bug) : QtCreator
launches LibreOffice
8 : As soon as the breakpoint is reached, QtCreator is back to front
with all graphical tools to debug

Tip : the default behavior for the green triangle buttons (run /debug)
is to execute 'make' before 'run' or 'debug'. But there are menus items
'run without deploy' and 'debug without deploy' that allows to run/debug
last compiled version if you have already modified source code.

My next task is to enhance the debugger to have better display of
specific LibreOffice objects (specially OUString)

Feedback and suggestions are welcomed,

Cheers,
Michel