Spellcheck hogging cpu in master

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon Oct 5 13:20:32 PDT 2015

On 20.09.2015 18:03, Ashod Nakashian wrote:
> Just a note as I noticed master (pulled Sat 20th) is consuming
> unreasonably high cpu on Windows (debug, dbg_util enabled). Please
> ignore if this is a known issue.
>
> Even with a 2 A4 worth of text, it's taking up to a minute to settle
> down (on i7 3930K). UI is of course unresponsive during that time (which
> makes testing something of a challenge).
>
> I'm fairly certain a couple of weeks (say a month) back I could load the
> same document and others much larger without issue.

hi Ashod,

sorry for late reply, was distracted by conference.

can you still reproduce this on current master or 5.0 branch, and if so how?

in Tools->Options->Writing aids, do you have both "check spelling as you
type" and "check grammar as you type" enabled?

do you have --enable-ext-languagetool extension in your build?

if you add something like SAL_DEBUG(pNode->GetIndex()) in
SwTextFrm::_AutoSpell() do you see anything odd like repeatedly checking
the same node?