Efforts to support MSVC 14.0

Ashod Nakashian ashnakash at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 09:23:07 PDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 2:43 AM, David Ostrovsky <d.ostrovsky at gmx.de> wrote:

> * EH issue in uno_bridge: to compute the offset in _tiddata structure
> for _curexception and _tpxcptinfoptrs members, I've written this
> utility: [6] during work on support for 64 bit platform. Unfortunately,
> this code can't be compiled on MSVC 14.0, as mtdll.h isn't there any
> more (or I haven't found it).

Seems mtdll.h is internal and hence unsupported. _tiddata might have been
moved to a new header.
If it's nowhere to be found, _tiddata struct could be replicated directly
in the compute_exception_offset source code and remove that header
altogether (assuming it hasn't changed).

Of course all this is already having an arm and a leg in the guts of the
runtime and is therefore fragile (I assume there was no better way). Would
be good if there were an automatic sanity test in that code to detect any
changes between compiler versions/patches/updates that might otherwise go
unnoticed.