df#50950 sort out Calc (ISO)WEEKNUM functions

Winfried Donkers W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl
Tue Sep 8 01:59:15 PDT 2015

Hi Eike,

> > I'm a bit lost here. Maybe we need to sort that out from scratch again.
> > This appears to be the most complicated change in function names we're
> > tackling because of the different functions AND having an Add-In
> > function involved AND different names for similar but not quite
> > identical functions in UI and file formats.
> As you know, the problem is that the ODFF function name ISOWEEKNUM is
> currently used for a function with WEEKNUM functionality.

This keep nagging me and I have a suggestion which will make that we lose less time once I start implementing the ODFF1.2 ISOWEEKNUM function:

1.
I propose to change the saved function name for the current WEEKNUM function and to add backward compatibility to read saved ISOWEEKNUM and automatically redirect to WEEKNUM.

2.
This way ISOWEEKNUM will get 'obsolete' in saved documents, making it possible to add the ODFF1.2 IDSOWEEKNUM function to Calc one or more versions after step 1.

I hope I didn't write in riddles ;)

Winfried