Maarten Bosmans license statement

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 16:15:16 UTC 2016

> (unless it doesn't, and that means someone else has committed changes to the
> same chunk of code in the meantime and your patch no longer applies, but let's
> deal with that only when such situation arises)
>
>> What is the correct way to submit a patch series to gerrit? I'd like
>> to avoid squashing all patches into one commit, but there also has to
>> be a way for reviewers to see that all patches in a series are
>> related.
>
> Yours is the correct way, the reviewers are well aware of false merge conflicts
> of dependent patches. I'm still not sure if this is a gerrit bug or some
> sophisticated feature *grin*

WAD
the second patch cannot be 'merged' until the first one land on
master.. or the second patch is reworked to not depend on the first
one (should the first one be abandonned for some reason)

Jenkins build each patches.. but it pull each patch with it's history.
jenkins check-out the commit related to a given patch, which means for
dependents patches the later pull the former too.

Note it is possible to push patch for master with 'topic' to visually
indicate that they are related see
https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/intro-user.html#topics

Norbert