make gbuildtojson

Jan Iversen jani at documentfoundation.org
Wed Dec 28 08:25:48 UTC 2016

> As an example any object mentioned with add_exception_objects is a c++ file with the cxx file extension and exceptions being enabled. In contrast add_cobjects is e.g. a c file with a .c extension and add_objcxxobjects is a objective-c file with a .mm file extension.

I see that, but I am confused, e.g. in Library_AppleRemote.mk contains:
$(eval $(call gb_Library_add_objcobjects,AppleRemote,\
which is a .mm file

I will go through the *.mk and find all the non C++ files, and see if gbuildtojson builds correct json objects.

But at least now I know why the genlang json has wrong information, there we use .l (flex) files.

> So I'm not sure if that is worth it but would not object the change. At least for me the gbuildtojson script should be stable and low maintenance. We will never be able to keep all IDE generators up to date so changes to the gbuildtojson output should be considered as something that should be mostly done in a backward compatible way. Obviously if there are good arguments for having it in python we should rewrite it in python, just the fact that another script in the gbuild-to-ide pipeline is a python script is maybe not enough.

Good point, I will leave it as it is.

Jan I