Build build tools only

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 28 14:53:14 PST 2016

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 11:50 AM, Andreas Müller
<schnitzeltony at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 11:02 AM, Michael Stahl <mstahl at redhat.com> wrote:
> Thank you for prompt and - I hope - helpful comments
>
>> On 28.11.2015 21:15, Andreas Müller wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Since a while I am trying to build libreoffice with yocto [1][2]
>>> cross-build system for my embedded devices.
>>> When building with yocto there are two temporary sysroots: One native
>>> for all the binaries run on build host during build and one for the
>>> cross target to link against the libraries.
>>> What causes me trouble for a while is native saxparser.
>>
>>> * compile by something like (inspired by make target cross-toolset)
>>> make -f Makefile.gbuild build-tools
>>> * install all binaries an their libs manually into native sysroot
>>
>> why do you want to install the build tools?  that's another manual step
>> that nobody else is currently doing, so you'll going to have to maintain
>> it yourself when things change.
>
> Agreed but I think that's necessary: In yocto builds we have two
> separate sysroots native & cross. For each of them we have separated
> build steps. As far as I know (I haven't seen that or managed to do
> so) there is no chance to build native binaries from cross build step.
> To access native tools during cross build they must be installed in
> native sysroot.
>>
>>> From what I've seen so far there are many binaries used during cross
>>> build seem to work as expected.
>>>
>>> saxparser fails with (patch attached causing more detailed error message)
>>> ERROR: component context fails to supply service
>>> 'com.sun.star.xml.sax.Parser' of type 'com.sun.star.xml.sax.XParser'
>>
>> it fails to create a UNO service, which according to "git grep
>> com.sun.star.xml.sax.Parser | grep \\.component" is from
>> sax/source/expatwrap/expwrap.component, which according to git grep
>> "gb_Library_set_componentfile.*expwrap" is  sax/Library_expwrap.mk aka
>> libexpwraplo.so.
>>
> I think this and Stephan's hints (at least saxparser.rdb is not
> accessible during my cross build - and I was not aware of
> URE_MORE_SERVICES environment var - so my gdb sessions missed that)
> are good hooks to continue.
>
> Will give those a try tonight - implementing liberoffice in yocto is
> just a hobby for fun..

Back again and I can't believe it: I have libreoffice running on my
devices- party-time :)

OK there are few things to iron out:

* java related stuff (hsqldb for embedded database in Base /
scripting): I am working on this currently and think that I don't need
help on this
* galleries: For some reason gengal fails and I've spent loads of
builds but did not understand what goes wrong so I disabled galleries
for now.

For galleries I have two questions:

1. Is the assumption correct that the contents of the galleries are
not machine specific (endian / 32/64bit)?
2. If the answer on 1. is yes: Is there a place I can download
prebuild galleries?

Thanks in advance

Andreas