Large scale changes on Master

jan iversen jani at documentfoundation.org
Fri Jul 22 11:22:10 UTC 2016

Hi

The ESC discussed when to make large scale changes on master and whether or not the current policy should be changed.

I was tasked with making a wiki page, describing a policy, since I frequently need to explain why some patches linger for a long time.

I have tried to strike a balance between not making backport difficult and responding timely to patches.

Please have a look at:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/LargeScaleChanges

And let me know your opinion.

Please remark, the page currently reflect my opinion, and have not been discussed. My hope is to have a good discussion from now and to the next ESC meeting, where we then can make a decision.

Have a nice weekend.
rgds
jan I.