Firebird doesn't support MSVC 2015

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 2 18:38:36 UTC 2016

Alex Thurgood wrote
> Le 02/03/2016 13:12, Noel Grandin a écrit :
>

> Toolchain problems on OSX with firebird too...currently not building
> with firebird enabled in my own master builds, as the build fails each
> time when I do.
>
> Alternatives to an experimental feature that never got off the ground,
> interesting, but please not another Java db, no matter how good it is
> (and I actually really like h2 fwiw).
>
> If the inclination is to go back to Java db (so much for getting rid of
> the Java dependencies), why not just upgrade hsqldb to the latest, and
> stuff backwards compatibility ?

Idem for me, impossible to build:
make[4]: Entering directory
'/Users/XXX/lo/lode/dev/core/workdir/UnpackedTarball/firebird/gen'
rm -f -f msg.fdb
echo create database \'msg.fdb\'\; | ../gen/firebird/bin/isql_static
dyld: Library not loaded:
@__________________________________________________OOO/libicuuc.dylib.56
  Referenced from:
/Users/XXX/lo/lode/dev/core/workdir/UnpackedTarball/firebird/gen/../gen/firebird/bin/isql_static
  Reason: image not found
/bin/sh: line 1:  2819 Done                    echo create database
\'msg.fdb\'\;
      2820 Trace/BPT trap: 5       | ../gen/firebird/bin/isql_static
../gen/Makefile.refDatabases:91: recipe for target 'msg.timestamp' failed
make[4]: *** [msg.timestamp] Error 133
make[4]: Leaving directory
'/Users/XXX/lo/lode/dev/core/workdir/UnpackedTarball/firebird/gen'
Makefile:278: recipe for target 'ref_databases' failed
with master sources updated some days ago.

Even it would build, there are still lots of things to deal with it (see
bugreports).

I tried to build with a newer HSQLDB version but was stuck by packaging
stuff (it seems there's a bug workaround with our packaging of current
HSQLDB version, I don't remember the details).

I agree we should get rid of Java part (and so HSQLDB) but meanwhile we're a
bit stuck.

Julien