alternatives to Firebird: sqlite [was: Firebird doesn't support MSVC 2015]

toki toki.kantoor at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 01:45:28 UTC 2016

On 10/03/2016 01:27, Wols Lists wrote:

> On top of that, an integrity layer that enforces datatypes. This isn't part of standard multi-value,

What?  Back when I played with Pick, one of the selling points was that
one couldn't put the wrong type of data into a record field. Was that
feature simply a vendor provided customization?

> I'll then need a Basic compiler.

Does it have to be BASIC?
Can't R or Python be used instead of BASIC?

###

I realize that using R means either including another scripting
language, or upgrading the existing R Language extension so that it
installs a version of R that plays nicely within LibreOffice.

> I know Pick isn't the easiest of topics to Google for, but some links for reading ...

Talking about which, Given how poor the documentation for BASE is, do
you know anybody who would be willing and able to write documentation on
using PICK within LibreOffice. (FWIW, Even a developers outline on what
it should do, would be a good starting point for users.)

jonathon