minutes of ESC call ...

David Ostrovsky d.ostrovsky at gmx.de
Fri Mar 11 07:29:43 UTC 2016

Hi Lionel,

adding Christian to the CC.

On Fri, 2016-03-11 at 07:57 +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 07:30:54AM +0100, David Ostrovsky wrote:
> >
> > [...]

[...]

> > > then AFAICS we don't have a problem.
>
> > I see it differently. Just in case, we dropped MSVC 2013 and the
> > LAST_VERSION_WITHIN_A_REASONABLE_TIMEFRAME = 10 years,
>
> No, more like 1 year.
>
> > 1/ How is LO 6,7,8,9,10, ... going to be released, after support
> > for
> > MSVC 2013 was discontinued on master?
>
> ?

I've just approved this change: [1] and after confirmtaion from Norbert
that our CI infra was extended to support MSVC 2015, I will merge it.

How is the next LibreOffice release (5.2?) supposed to be built after
this change was merged, when FB cannot be built on MSVC 2015 toolchain?
And other releases during this 1 year (too optimistic assumption for
me, but still)?

@Christian, any comments on that from your side?

> > 2/ For all this time, that FB is not buildable on some platform(s),
> > but still in the tree
>
> We will not let it like that for the timeframe that you mention.
>
> > Can we try to answer my questions 1/ and 2/ above in next ESC
> > meeting?
>
> If/when we have enough new information that a discussion at the ESC
> makes sense, would you like to participate at that ESC meeting?

I will attend Gerrit developer Hackathon in Berlin next week, but I can
try to join you.

* [1] https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/22588