GSoC is closed for applicant, short status.

jan iversen jani at documentfoundation.org
Fri Mar 25 19:11:47 UTC 2016

Hi.

For those of you who are not directly involved in GSoC, it might be interesting to know, that 5 minutes ago the window for applicants ended.

This year, I believe the community as a whole have reason to be proud.

We have 91 proposals, 4 was not completed, so there are 87 proposals by evaluate by 18 mentors. The numbers is a clear indication of our popularity.

The evaluation process will be discussed between the mentors, it is however my hope that each mentor will have enough to do helping the student/students.

Thanks to all that helped spread the word, and get students to elect us for the GSoC project. The next days the mentor need to make some hard selections.

Have fun out there.
rgds
jan I.