Implementing SVG attribute "stroke-miterlimit" ( tdf#48066)

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Wed Mar 30 22:16:33 UTC 2016

Hi Thorsten,

Thorsten Behrens schrieb:
> Regina Henschel wrote:
>> (1) Change the type of maStrokeMiterLimit' to 'double' and change its name
>> to 'mfStrokeMiterLimit'. That would loose the ability to track, whether the
>> value was found in the file or set by LO. In case not set in the SVG file,
>> it would be set to 4.0, as specified as initial value in SVG spec.
>>
> Why would knowing if it's the default or read from svg matter?

That's why talking about it is good. Your question point me to the
solution. Searching around I have found, that the flag is indeed needed.
When first reading the attribute, this flag is used while resolving
inheritance. So I cannot drop it and will go with (2).

>> (2) Extend the enum SvgUnit by an item 'Unit_none'. This likely requires
>> changes in places where SvgUnit is used. The member mfNumber of class
>> SvgNumber is already a 'double' and would fit.
>>
>> My favorite is (2). What do you think?
>>
> I think you know the code better than I do, so whatever you prefer. :)

You flatter me, but it is not true.

Kind regards
Regina