Endianness issue in Firebird driver (bug 72987)

Bunth Tamás btomi96 at gmail.com
Wed May 25 15:10:32 UTC 2016

Hi,

The basic idea to solve this bug:
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/72987
was to replace .fdb file stored inside the .odb file with firebird's archive
file format. The problem is that the embedded server seems to be not fully
supported
on Linux (http://www.firebirdsql.org/manual/ufb-cs-embedded.html).
If I understand correctly, ours is actually not an "embedded server", but a
"classic server",
which validates every login against the security database (security2.fdb).

The backup of the database can be made through the Service API of
firebird.
We need to pass a user (and a password). The Service Manager tries to
validate
our user by checking the "/usr/local/firebird/security2.fdb" security db,
which does not
exist in our case.

An idea was (if I got it right) to override path above to our libreoffice
install directory,
so we could have a default security database that the Service Manager can
check. I went
through the docs and had a look at the firebird source code, and it seems
to me that unfortunately
we cannot override it at all.

I hope you have a good idea for that.
regards,