CppunitTest_svgio fails on macOS with the new layout engine

Tomaž Vajngerl quikee at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 21:14:49 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 8:33 PM, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> wrote:
> I tried to find what is the source of difference, but to no avail. I
> can’t figure out why the choice of the layout engine can make a
> difference here.

I don't know the cause and if this is possible but just a quick check
at the svgio code my speculation is that it could make a difference if
it determines for example that text overflows the bounds and it needs
to clip. If you look at the XML and what the test checks you see the
mask primitive is inserted just suddenly. I saw in the svgio code that
the mask primitive is used at many places to do clipping.

The XML from primitive dumping is really basic here so not a lot of
info which would be useful is available (transform, mask has no
attributes) so it would be useful to see these values..

> I thought it might be the font fallback, but we seem to
> be getting the same font in both cases, the exported PNGs from Draw look
> identical (but may be this uses the other SVG parser?).

You need insert the SVG as you would insert any other image to use
this SVG parser.

Regards, Tomaž