Regarding ./setup for download or cloning source code

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 17:16:53 UTC 2016

On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 6:01 AM, Nikhil Kumar vats
<sharmanikhil610 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have installed cywgin as mentioned here
> [https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/lode]
>
> When I run ./setup its says connection time out.

That is surely not the only thing it says.

for example here is the output of ./setup on an already set-up lode
./setup
Check directory 'packages' ... : Exist
Check directory 'opt' ... : Exist
Check directory 'ext_tar' ... : Exist
Check directory 'adm' ... : Exist
Check directory 'tb' ... : Exist
git repo '/Volumes/GP/lode/adm/buildbot' exist
autoconf already installed
automake already installed
make already installed
ant already installed
junit Already Installed
cmake already installed
doxygen already installed
ccache already installed

   Done.

setup does quite a few things and print helpful message to inform at
which step it is.
so that one could figure out on 'what' exactly does it timeout on.