Merging feature/commonsallayout branch

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Oct 17 22:04:22 UTC 2016

Not directly, but you can now control OpenType features using the same
syntax used for OpenType features.

It should be easy to turn of ligatures in VCL when characters spacing is
used, except that character spacing is not applied by VCL but by the
client and we have no clue about it at all. I tried fixing this before,
but I couldn’t even figure out where character spacing is stored or when
it is applied.

Regards,
Khaled